Assyrian Language Sunday School - Ancient Church of the East - St. George Parish
Please review the following information and hit "Accept" to fill out the Sunday School registration form.
- 1. ________ Church begins at 9:00 am. Students will be in church until after the Gospel is read by the priest. Students will then go to their classrooms for the classes to begin. Holy Communion will follow immediately after class. The teachers will NOT be responsible for students after they receive Holy Communion. Parents agree to retrieve their children immediately after class. Students may receive a tardy notice if they arrive after 9:30 am. Parents of students with 3 tardy notices may be contacted by the teacher in order to address the problem.
2. ________ Parents are required to tell their child’s teachers of any time off needed so that teachers can give the students class work that needs to be completed at home. If a student is absent 3 or more Sundays without an explanation, parents may be contacted by the teacher and may result in expulsion.
3. ________ A non-refundable registration fee of $30 is due at the time of registration for each student. Last day of registration is Sunday October 16th, 2022. If you miss the registration deadline, you can register for Sunday School next year.
4. ________ Students will be provided with textbooks. Lost books must be replaced for a fee of $10.
5. ________ Students must wear proper church attire; that means NO flip-flops, sandals, tank tops, miniskirts, low cut tops, jeans, or shorts. Students who do not follow dress code will need to meet with the teacher and if this behavior is not corrected, they may be disinvited to the school.
6. ________ School uniform shirts will be provided by the school. This can be worn with pants or skirts (knee length or longer). Additional uniforms can be purchased for $10.00 each.
7. ________ Students are required to observe the rules of mass, including taking Holy Communion, as is practiced by the Ancient Church of the East.
8. ________ All students will need to bring their backpacks and books every Sunday. Items such as personal phones, tablets, or toys must be kept in the backpacks until class is over. If such items are not stored in the backpacks, they may be taken by the teachers and then returned to the parent after mass.
9. ________ Chewing gum, disruptive behavior, bullying and foul language are strictly prohibited. Food or snacks are NOT allowed until after Holy Communion.
10. _______ Students who complete the school year will be able to participate in the graduation field trip. Any student who registers for Sunday School but does not attend will not be invited to the trip.